- Work on quality incentive projects to improve GPPC’s payer reimbursement
- Communicate with providers across GPPC in order to improve quality of care
- Perform patient chart review to assess appropriateness of medications prescribed
- Counsel patients on medication changes and provide solutions for related issues
- Answer patient phone calls and triage appropriate situations to the Pharmacist
- Assist with drug information questions
- Collaborate with the Clinical Pharmacy team on the development of weekly newsletters
- Perform other duties assigned by management
- Education (Minimum needed): Must have completed at least one year of pharmacy schooling and have a current, active NYS Pharmacist Intern license
- Experience (Minimum needed): Previous Pharmacy related work experience preferred but not required
- Specialized Knowledge & Skills Needed for Performance of Job:
- A foundational understanding of HEDIS and STAR quality measures helpful for this position.
- Must have adequate Pharmacotherapeutic knowledge
- The ability to utilize clinical practice guidelines and evidence-based medicine to make Clinical recommendations and counsel patients on medication regimens.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for conveying educational material in an understandable manner to patients and their families as well as interacting effectively with providers and healthcare professionals.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team to improve patient care.
Optimum Physician Alliance (OPA) is a physician-led network that operates as a subsidiary of Great Lakes Integrated Network, Inc. (GLIN) – a partnership between Kaleida Health and Erie County Medical Center (ECMC).
Please send cove letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and in the subject line please indicate the position you are applying or you may mail to:
Optimum Physician Alliance
726 Exchange Street, Ste 522
Buffalo, NY 14210